- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh if available)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or less
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia, blackfish, flounder or hake fillets
- Fresh lemon juice, for serving
- Dill fronds or fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat the broiler. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in olive oil, thyme, curry powder, ginger and salt; heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon zest.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking dish. Pour sauce over fish and broil until fish is flaky and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh dill or parsley, and serve.