- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Arrange the fish halves in one layer in a rimmed baking dish.
- Blend the coriander, grapefruit juice, salt and pepper. Pour this over the fish, and let stand 10 or 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the grapefruit, cutting away all the white fibrous portions beneath the skin. Cut the flesh into neat sections, cutting between the tough, fibrous white portions. Set the sections aside.
- Drain some of the grapefruit sauce from the fish fillets. Rub the fish with olive oil to coat evenly on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place under the broiler about 4 inches from the source of heat. Broil the fish for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon the butter over the fish, and let it melt. Arrange the grapefruit sections around the fish, and serve immediately.
Maitre d’Hotel Butter
- ¼ cup butter cut into small cubes
- Salt to taste if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl
- Let stand until room temperature is reached.
- Blend the ingredients well with fork. Set aside.