- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, about 8 ounces, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chicken, cut up into serving pieces or 16 pieces Trader Joe’s tenderlions
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- Freshly minced parsley for garnish
- Lemon or lime wedges
3 cups chicken broth
- Set 3 cups of broth to boil. Place olive oil in a large skillet that can be covered, and turn heat to medium-high. Add onions and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and become translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until most of the water evaporates. Add olives. Remove skin from chicken.
- Add rice to onions; stir until each grain glistens; Nestle chicken in rice, add a little more salt and pepper and pour in the boiling broth. Turn heat to medium-low, and cover.
- Cook 20 minutes, until all water is absorbed and chicken is cooked through. Add peas. Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon or lime.