- 1+ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins (trader joes)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup black or green olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 handful sage leaves or 2 tsps rubbed sage(?)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Add chicken pieces and sear over medium heat until golden about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Turn heat to low, add more olive oil if needed. Add onions and stir frequently until caramelized. Add capers, olives, rosemary sprig and sage leaves. Season with just a sprinkle of salt and black pepper.
- After a couple of minutes, when everything smells fragrant, add wine and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer very slowly until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Avoid overcooking. Add some water if the sauce gets too dry while simmering.
- When ready to serve, reheat if necessary, then add lemon juice and zest and balsamic vinegar. Taste and add more lemon if desired. Remove the rosemary sprig and serve.