- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cups long-grain rice, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ cup coconut milk (or coconut cream w/ water added)
- 1 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Put coconut oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and let cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, salt and ginger, and stir to coat. Let rice sizzle for a minute, then add coconut milk and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low and put on a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then turn off heat and let rest 10 minutes. Fluff rice and stir in peas. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with toasted coconut.