- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 firm pears(d’anjou or Bartlett), peeled and cut into a ½” dice
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- ½ cup White Wine
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ¾ cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
- Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the butter on medium/high in a large frying pan. Add the diced pears, rosemary, and salt, and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until pear is soft. Pour in the white wine and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8-10 minutes, or until cream has thickened and reduced by half.. Turn off the heat and gently stir in the gorgonzola crumbles.
- Serve over pasta or gnocchi immediately with fresh ground pepper over the top.