3 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
½ cup maple syrup or honey
6 egg whites (or 3 eggs)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Whisk your egg whites (or eggs) with vanilla extract until frothy
3. Add in coconut and maple syrup. Stir until the mixture is moist and easy to separate into small balls.
4. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into muffin tin or onto the baking sheet. If you want, shape them into balls that come to a small point at the top.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown
6. Let them cool before eating. Store remaining macaroons in an airtight container. Refrigerate and they should be good for a week.
Makes about 24 macaroons.