NO KNEAD ROLLS below
480 grams [Gold Medal] bread flour
1/4 tsp instant yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
345 grams water
1 minute water heating in small 700 W microwave (for faster, shorter initial rise time)
1. In a large bowl mix quickly and shortly flour, then salt and then yeast. Add water that has been heated for 1 minute in 700 W microwave (for faster, shorter initial rise time), and stir with hand or bowl scraper until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest at least 12 hours, and up to 18, at warm room temperature, about 70 degrees. New time: overnight in warm kitchen or oven with light on.
2. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself (4 folds; one for each edge). Generously coat a cotton towel with wheat bran or cornmeal; put dough seam side down on towel and cover with corners of towel or another towel. Allow to rise for about 30 minutes or while oven and dutch oven are heating up. An hour or more is fine too.
3. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a cast iron heavy covered pot (dutch oven) in oven as it heats. When dough is ready, remove pot from oven. Place parchment paper over top of dough, turn over and place parchment paper with dough into hot pot (seam side should now be up). Cover with lid and bake 30 minutes, then remove lid and bake another 15-20 minutes, until loaf is beautifully browned. Cool on a rack.
NO KNEAD ROLLS
1. Heat oven to 450.
2. Place pan with water in oven for moisture.
3. Lightly flour a work surface and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and form a round ball.
4. Divide dough ball into 8 pie-shaped pieces and form those into a ball with well-floured hands. Pull dough up like with a draw string and place that side down on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with towel
5. Let sit while oven is heating up; about 30-45 minutes.
6. Spread egg whites on top of rolls then sesame seeds if desired.
7. Use spray bottle to mist top of rolls with water.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.